- Ee’usk an award winning fish restaurant situated on the North Pier www.eeusk.com
- The Waterfront another good fish restaurant on the South Pier www.waterfrontoban.co.uk
- Piazza a pizzeria situated next to Eeusk on the North Pier
- Coast contemporary restaurant situated in George Street www.coastoban.co.uk
- In Taynuilt we boast a wonderful tea room in Taynuilt. The Robins Nest is well worth a visit to sample some of the finest home baking.
- The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar is well worth a visit too. Fresh fish to buy is also available at the shop next door to the restaurant. www.lochfyne.com
- The George Hotel offers food all day with log fires and atmospheric bars. Ancient inn dating back to 1770.
Bridge of Orchy
- Driving back from Glencoe before taking that right turn towards Dalmally through Glen Orchy is the Hotel. The bar meals are highly recommended. www.bridgeoforchy.co.uk
- The Real Food Cafe in Tyndrum. Excellent stop for quick food on the way here or on their way home. Wonderful fish and chips, burgers, pies, breakfasts, all home made. Found on the main A82 just before the junction Oban/Fort William – www.therealfoodcafe.com
Other Outdoor Activities
There are vast numbers of hiking and trekking routes, mounting biking trails, rock climbing and waterways to be explored by boat or kayak.
Gardens to Visit
- Arduine Gardens Beautiful gardens on the west side by Kilmelford. Well worth a visit. Open all year
- Ardkinglass Woodland Garden Spectacular display of rhododendrons and one of Britain’s finest collections of trees.
- Crarae Gardens Beautiful gardens on the shore of Loch Fyne
Places to stay